with Cheryl McChesney.
Programmed by Siobhan Davies Studios.
These fun and stimulating sessions are designed for little ones and their parent/carer to discover a love for dance together. Through collaboration, visual cues and repetition, our specialist teacher Cheryl McChesney will guide the group to create playful and imaginative movement each week. Together we will rediscover and respond to the world around us, supporting creativity, curiosity and confident movement.
The class will support children to develop skills in line with their age and developmental milestones, including:
- Their imagination, inquisitiveness, persistence and collaborative skills
- Their ability to communicate ideas through and with the body
- Body Awareness; practicing control and coordination of the body to support physical confidence
- Quality of Movement; moving using a variety of dynamics, speeds, weight, musicality
- Spatial Awareness; moving using direction, levels, distance, size, and scale
- Moving in relation to others
- Performance; presenting ideas to others
- Choreography; selecting movement to communicate an idea or intention
- Appreciation; observing movement and sharing opinions
- Soft skills including; observation, speaking and listening, teamwork, responding, leadership and non-verbal communication.
Saturdays, at our studio
9.30 – 10.15am
Summer Term 2021, Part 1:
24 Apr – 29 May 2021
Summer Term 2021, Part 2:
12 Jun – 17 Jul 2021
£8/£6, Drop In
£48/£36, 6-week Course Ticket
Attending Class at SDS
Before attending class at Siobhan Davies Studios, we ask participants to read our COVID-19 page and familiarise themselves with the precautions we’ve put in place to ensure the safety of staff and all our users.
It is important to note that:
- We are open for pre-booked users only. We cannot currently accommodate drop-ins.
- We will be maintaining a studio users tracking system as per government guidance. Your name and contact details will be kept for 21 days.
- Class numbers are currently limited. This class will be limited to 7 participants.
Do not attend class if you are experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus. Check your symptoms with NHS 111 Online.
New to Creative Contemporary?
If you haven’t been to a Creative Contemporary class before, one of our team will be in touch to arrange an introductory call before your first class.
Cheryl is a freelance dance artist who believes passionately that dance can offer huge benefits to people of all ages and abilities. She has taught and choreographed for over 20 years with a variety organisations such as Sadler’s Wells, East London Dance, Southbank, Barbican, Artis Education, Rambert, Indep-dance, Trinity Laban and London councils.
This has involved supporting creative dance activities in primary and secondary schools, CPD programmes, and by creating performance work for theatres, venues, projects and festivals in the UK, Europe and Ethiopia has worked with hundreds of people to achieve positive dance experiences.