with Kiren Virdee.
Programmed by Siobhan Davies Studios.
A fun and creative space for little ones and their carers to dance together.
These sessions are all about collaborative play, guided by our specialist teacher Kiren Virdee. In Creative Contemporary the participant’s exploration defines the direction of the class. It is a space for adults and children alike to discover personal forms of expression and movement. Our classes support children to learn creatively, developing not only their physical skills but their social and emotional awareness too.
To support creativity, curiosity and confident joyous movement we will:
- explore movement and touch as a physical language, learning to communicate with the body
- use playful improvisation to expand our awareness and sensitivity to others, practicing coordination and collaboration
- dance to many different rhythms and hear instruments from around the world
- share our discoveries, learning together and developing skills in both watching and performing
New to Creative Contemporary?
If you haven’t been to a Creative Contemporary class before phone 020 7091 9650 or email email@example.com to arrange an introductory call before your first class.
9.30 – 10.15am
Summer Term 2022
Part 1: 7 May – 28 May
Part 2: 11 Jun – 23 Jul
No Class on 9 Jul
£8/£6, Pre-booked Drop In
£48/£36, 6-week Half Course Ticket
ATTENDING CLASS AT SDS
Before attending class at Siobhan Davies Studios, we ask participants to read our COVID-19 page and familiarise themselves with the precautions we’ve put in place to ensure the safety of staff and all our users.
It is important to note that:
- We are open for pre-booked users only. We cannot currently accommodate walk-ups.
- We recommend that users wear masks in the corridors and common areas of the studios.
- Our studios will be ventilated.
Do not attend class if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. Check your symptoms.
ACCESS AND AMENITIES AT SDS
Siobhan Davies Studios is mostly accessible to wheelchair users, with lifts to all floors. There are two accessible parking spaces available on site which can be booked in advance.
- Changing facilities*
- Communal showers*
- Toilets / wheelchair accessible toilets
- Kitchen: tea and coffee making, fridge, and microwave (not fully accessible)
* Our changing facilities and showers are not fully accessible. Our closest publicly available and fully accessible changing facility is at The Castle Centre, a leisure centre 0.3 miles away from the studios. You can find full details of their features here.
Kiren is a London-based movement artist who works in creative facilitation, performance, and choreography. She is passionate about the relevancy and importance of dance for all people, and the benefits it can offer to both mind and body.
As a community artist, Kiren facilitates a variety of creative dance and expressive movement for a range of participants and enjoys working with all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. This has included work with The Place, Trinity Laban, SE19 Dance Project, and the London School of Dramatic Art. She is interested in exploring and integrating multiple forms of artistic expression within dance, including mark-making, sound, and language.
Kiren holds an MA, with distinction, in Movement Directing and Teaching from Central School of Speech and Drama and has previously trained at Trinity Laban in Contemporary and Community Dance, in which she gained a distinction, with the Audrey Wethered Award and the Choreography Prize.