with Kiren Virdee.
Programmed by Siobhan Davies Studios.
A fun and creative space for little ones and their carers to dance together.
These sessions are all about collaborative play, guided by our specialist teacher Kiren Virdee. In Creative Contemporary we encourage free exploration of a range of sensory stimuli. It is a space for adults and children alike to discover personal forms of expression and movement. Our classes support children to learn creatively, developing not only their physical skills but their social and emotional awareness too.
To support creativity, curiosity and confident joyous movement we will:
- discover how we express ourselves and communicate with movement and dance
- build our awareness and sensitivity to others, practicing coordination and collaboration
- dance to many different rhythms and hear instruments from around the world
- share our discoveries, learning together and developing skills in both watching and performing
New to Creative Contemporary?
If you haven’t been to a Creative Contemporary class before phone 020 7091 9650 or email email@example.com to arrange an introductory call before your first class.
13 Jan – 23 Mar
9.30 – 10.15am
* There is no class on 17 Feb.
£8/£6, Drop In
£72/£54, Full Term
Full Term tickets include a 15% discount. They are available until Wed 17 January, following the first class of term.
Kiren is a London-based movement artist who works in creative facilitation, performance, and choreography. She is passionate about the relevancy and importance of dance for all people, and the benefits it can offer to both mind and body.
As a community artist, Kiren facilitates a variety of creative dance and expressive movement for a range of participants and enjoys working with all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. This has included work with The Place, Trinity Laban, SE19 Dance Project, and the London School of Dramatic Art. She is interested in exploring and integrating multiple forms of artistic expression within dance, including mark-making, sound, and language.
Kiren holds an MA, with distinction, in Movement Directing and Teaching from Central School of Speech and Drama and has previously trained at Trinity Laban in Contemporary and Community Dance, in which she gained a distinction, with the Audrey Wethered Award and the Choreography Prize.
ACCESS AND AMENITIES AT SDS
Siobhan Davies Studios is mostly accessible, with lifts to all floors. There are two accessible parking spaces available on site which can be booked in advance. Blue Badge parking is also available nearby on West Square and Garden Row (for a full map visit the Southwark Council website). Our main door is power assisted.
- Changing facilities*
- Communal showers*
- Toilets / wheelchair accessible toilets
- Kitchen: tea and coffee making, fridge, and microwave (not fully accessible)
* Our changing facilities and showers are not fully accessible. Our closest publicly available and fully accessible changing facility is at The Castle Centre, a leisure centre 0.3 miles away from the studios. You can find full details of their features here.