with Cheryl McChesney.
Programmed by Siobhan Davies Studios.
16 Jan – 27 Mar 2021
9.30 – 10am
£5/£3.75, Drop In
£25/£18.75, 5-week Course Ticket
In these fun and stimulating online sessions, young ones and parents alike will work in response to their surroundings to create playful and imaginative movement. Through collaboration, visual cues and repetition, our specialist teacher Cheryl McChesney will guide the group to create simple and characterful dances each week. Together we will rediscover and respond to the world around us, supporting creativity, curiosity and confident movement.
The class will support children to develop skills in line with their age and developmental milestones, including:
- Their imagination, inquisitiveness, persistence and collaborative skills
- Their ability to communicate ideas through and with the body
- Body Awareness; practicing control and coordination of the body to support physical confidence
- Quality of Movement; moving using a variety of dynamics, speeds, weight, musicality
- Spatial Awareness; moving using direction, levels, distance, size, and scale
- Moving in relation to others
- Performance; presenting ideas to others
- Choreography; selecting movement to communicate an idea or intention
- Appreciation; observing movement and sharing opinions
- Soft skills including; observation, speaking and listening, teamwork, responding, leadership and non-verbal communication.
All children participating in this class will need to be accompanied by an adult.
This class is streamed from Siobhan Davies Studios and via Zoom. In advance of the class we advise that participants install Zoom. If you need support installing and introducing yourself to this software then please get in touch, we’ll be happy to help. Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
New to Creative Contemporary?
If you haven’t been to a Creative Contemporary class before, one of our team will be in touch to arrange an introductory call before your first class. It is important to us that all participants feel welcomed, can access the class and feel safe online.
Cheryl is a freelance dance artist who believes passionately that dance can offer huge benefits to people of all ages and abilities. She has taught and choreographed for over 20 years with a variety organisations such as Sadler’s Wells, East London Dance, Southbank, Barbican, Artis Education, Rambert, Indep-dance, Trinity Laban and London councils.
This has involved supporting creative dance activities in primary and secondary schools, CPD programmes, and by creating performance work for theatres, venues, projects and festivals in the UK, Europe and Ethiopia has worked with hundreds of people to achieve positive dance experiences.