Get a taste of POWER, our community performance project for all ages and experience.
Do you love to dance and move?
Do you want to meet new people?
Do you want to perform?
POWER is a free series of workshops and a final celebratory performance, taking place in late May and early June. Get a taste of what to expect at this taster session with the artists leading the project.
Sign up to This taster Workshop
What to expect
- We’ll start the workshop with a tour of the studios and then each artist will lead a short movement exercise. There will also be a warmup and a cool down.
- Just like all the POWER workshops, no experience is needed to take part.
- There will be some members of SDS staff there to say ‘hi’ and support you on the day.
What to bring
- Please come in clothes that you are comfortable to move in.
- We have a small kitchen with tea, coffee and drinking water that you’re very welcome to use. Find out more about amenities at the studios here.
About the artists
At this Taster Session we’ll be working with professional dance artists, Jia-Yu Corti and Nathaniel Parchment – as well as our Co-Artistic Director Annie Lok, who is leading POWER.
- Jia-Yu is a dance and performer. Her movement work brings together Chinese martial arts (Wu Shu, Tai Chi/Qi Gong), contemporary dance and Japanese Butoh.
- Nathanial works with a wide range of movement, dance and music influences – from contemporary movement to social dances such as ballroom and latin, line dances, disco, funk, house and rave culture.
- Annie is a dance artist who mainly uses interdisciplinary and collaborative processes to make things with professional and non-professional performers. She is also the Co-Artistic Director of Siobhan Davies Studios.
Other opportunities | Tasters and Meets Ups
If you can’t make this Taster Workshop, there is another on Sat 13 May – you can sign up here . Or you can also come by the studio to meet the Siobhan Davies Studios team at one of our Pre-POWER Meet Ups on:
- Tuesday 9 May, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday 23 May, 4pm – 6pm.
ACCESS AND AMENITIES AT SDS
Siobhan Davies Studios is mostly accessible, with lifts to all floors. There are two accessible parking spaces available on site which can be booked in advance. Blue Badge parking is also available nearby on West Square and Garden Row (for a full map visit the Southwark Council website). Our main door is power assisted.
- Changing facilities*
- Communal showers*
- Toilets / wheelchair accessible toilets
- Kitchen: tea and coffee making, fridge, and microwave (not fully accessible)
* Our changing facilities and showers are not fully accessible. Our closest publicly available and fully accessible changing facility is at The Castle Centre, a leisure centre 0.3 miles away from the studios. You can find full details of their features here.