Siobhan Davies Dance Young Artists Collective is made up of young people aged 14-24 many of whom have completed our Next Choreography course or participated in one of our annual performance projects for young people.
The Young Artist Collective’s mission is to develop the skills, knowledge and experience of its members, thereby providing Siobhan Davies Dance with the voice of informed young artists.
Through monthly meetings the group input into Siobhan Davies Dance’s artistic programme, share their own work with their peers and get practical knowledge from a guest speaker.
YAC is a skill swap, members get the know-how from SDD staff within their areas of specialism (including project management, budgets, marketing, fundraising) and Siobhan Davies Dance gain the ideas, feedback and vision of young artists enabling us to establish a programme designed by and for young people.
For more information or find out how you can get involved please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read entries from the members on the Siobhan Davies Dance blog.
Young Artist Collective Manifesto
- YAC is a space where members will not be subject to discrimination or judgement
- We are a community that prioritises care, support and kinship
- We are inherently interdisciplinary and we value working from plural perspectives
- We critically engage with current industry movements, perspectives and opportunities
- We engage with a non-hierarchical exchange of ideas, sharing skills and knowledge between ourselves, SDD and others
- We collaborate to unravel, play with and question our individual practice and perspectives.