Siobhan Davies Studios are very fortunate to be one of more than 1,000 organisations to receive a grant from the DCMS Cultural Recovery Fund. This is part of the government’s £1.57 billion funding package for the arts in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Find out more here.
Siobhan Davies Studios and Independent Dance received a grant of £145,000.
Between now and March next year, this fund will make the following possible:
- £33,000 committed to delivering our Spring programme including: online choreography courses, eight Percolate awards distributed through an open call, an online version of Next Choreography and the appointment of two producers to work on our CONTINUOUS Network project and some extensive community work for the future.
- £18,000 to invest in building upgrades and technology. We’re investing in various repairs and upgrades to improve the safety of the building post-lockdown. We’re also investing in new technology and software that will help us to shift our programme online.
- Over £7500 invested in the future of our Next Artist Collective including project seed funding and monthly artist-led sessions.
- Over £16,000 committed to deepen the work we’re doing on anti-oppression at our organisation, which includes paying artists and facilitators to help guide the work we’re doing on equality at Siobhan Davies Studios.
- Over £30,000 towards organisational development and sustainability, during this period of transition to a new Artistic Directorship. This includes a budget for coaching, training and consultancy – and Front of House return to work support.
- There is also £15,500 committed to the work of our NPO consortium partner Independent Dance, including curatorial time, technical support and technical training for teaching artists
We’re very grateful that this grant will make it possible for us to continue supporting artists at our studios and beyond.