‘Su mano amiga‘ means ‘your helping hand’ in Spanish. This name comes from the local charity that founded these workshops with Siobhan Davies Studios in 2021.
Survivor-led movement and dance workshops offering an invitation to move, breath, stretch, and create. Led by expert Lantinx dance artist facilitators.
Offering a relaxed environment and centring the needs of participants, these sessions hold space for dance, movement as relational practices for co-regulation and self-care.
* Inclusive of transwomen, non-binary and gender non-conforming people.
These workshops offer a space for children to take part in their own enriching and engaging session whilst their parents and career-givers are in the Women’s Workshop.
We will foreground creativity, curiosity and confident joyous movement, through:
- Discovery: exploring how we express ourselves and communicate with movement, choreography and dance.
- Awareness and Sensitivity: practicing coordination, collaboration and reflection with others.
- Culture and Identity: learning and exploring through Latin dances, stories and music.
- Sharing: learning together and developing skills in both watching and performing
These workshop are free to attend and travel costs are supported.
To sign up please email Nancy Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Su Mano Amiga sessions are facilitated in Spanish and English, for and centring the local Latinx community.