Programmed by Independent Dance.
Open to all. Teacher changes weekly.
Monday Night Improvisation is an adult dance class open to all – beginners and those with dance and movement experience. Running for 10 weeks each term, these popular classes offer opportunities to explore a wide array of approaches to improvisation, in an atmosphere where work and play co-exist and where watching and talking support your dancing.
Each week is led by a different teacher of renown who brings their own approach, influenced or inspired by forms including but not limited to Butoh, Contact Improvisation, Feldenkrais, Skinner Releasing Technique, Tango, Action Theatre, Eastern Bodywork Principles, Hip Hop, Amerta Movement, Yoruba, Alexander Technique, BodyMind Centering among others. No prior experience in these forms is necessary.
Sign up to ID’s mailing list on their website to receive details about classes each week.
25 Apr – 4 Jul 2022
6.30 – 8.30pm
Summer 2022 Programme
All classes will take place at Siobhan Davies Studios
25 April | Zoë Solomons
9 May | Seke Chimutengwende
16 May | Kate Brown
23 May | Julia Pond
30 May | Matthew Harding
6 June | Yumino Seki
13 June | Jenny Hill
20 June | Rosalie Wahlfrid
27 June | Colleen Bartley
4 July | Claire Loussouarn
Attending Class at SDS
Before attending class at Siobhan Davies Studios, we ask participants to read our COVID-19 page and familiarise themselves with the precautions we’ve put in place to ensure the safety of staff and all our users.
It is important to note that:
- We are open for pre-booked users only. We cannot currently accommodate walk-ups.
- We recommend that users wear masks in the corridors and common areas of the studios.
- Our studios will be ventilated.
Do not attend class if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. Check your symptoms.
ACCESS AND AMENITIES AT SDS
Siobhan Davies Studios is mostly accessible to wheelchair users, with lifts to all floors. There are two accessible parking spaces available on site which can be booked in advance.
- Changing facilities*
- Communal showers*
- Toilets / wheelchair accessible toilets
- Kitchen: tea and coffee making, fridge, and microwave (not fully accessible)
* Our changing facilities and showers are not fully accessible. Our closest publicly available and fully accessible changing facility is at The Castle Centre, a leisure centre 0.3 miles away from the studios. You can find full details of their features here.