with Kiren Virdee.
Programmed by Siobhan Davies Studios.
An energetic and joyful introduction to dance and choreography.
These sessions provide a stimulating environment for creativity, connection and confidence to grow, guided by our specialist teacher Kiren Virdee.
In this class, we see participants as young artists in the studio. We will build key dance skills and techniques, whilst also growing creativity by making new choreography every week. Offering a unique space to learn from others, participants of many ages will work together, building maturity and responsibility.
To encourage confident and imaginative movement we will:
- explore different ways to express ourselves and our ideas through dance
- dance together and collaborate on creative tasks
- share and respond to dance, music and art from around the world, exploring a variety of sensory stimuli along the way
- share our work and practice talking about what we’ve seen, thought and learnt.
New to Creative Contemporary?
If you haven’t been to a Creative Contemporary class before phone 020 7091 9650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an introductory call before your first class.
10 Sep – 10 Dec*
10.30 – 11.30am
* There is no class on 29 Oct and 12 Nov
£9/£6.75, Pre-booked Drop In
£97.20/£72.90, Early-bird Course Ticket
Kiren is a London-based movement artist who works in creative facilitation, performance, and choreography. She is passionate about the relevancy and importance of dance for all people, and the benefits it can offer to both mind and body.
As a community artist, Kiren facilitates a variety of creative dance and expressive movement for a range of participants and enjoys working with all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. This has included work with The Place, Trinity Laban, SE19 Dance Project, and the London School of Dramatic Art. She is interested in exploring and integrating multiple forms of artistic expression within dance, including mark-making, sound, and language.
Kiren holds an MA, with distinction, in Movement Directing and Teaching from Central School of Speech and Drama and has previously trained at Trinity Laban in Contemporary and Community Dance, in which she gained a distinction, with the Audrey Wethered Award and the Choreography Prize.
Access and Amenities at SDS
Siobhan Davies Studios is mostly accessible to wheelchair users, with lifts to all floors. There are two accessible parking spaces available on site which can be booked in advance. Blue Badge parking is also available nearby on West Square and Garden Row (for a full map visit the Southwark Council website). Our main door is not power assisted.
- Changing facilities*
- Communal showers*
- Toilets / wheelchair accessible toilets
- Kitchen: tea and coffee making, fridge, and microwave (not fully accessible)
* Our changing facilities and showers are not fully accessible. Our closest publicly available and fully accessible changing facility is at The Castle Centre, a leisure centre 0.3 miles away from the studios. You can find full details of their features here.