with Cheryl McChesney.
Programmed by Siobhan Davies Studios.
Join us for an energetic and joyful introduction to dance and choreography.
Led by our specialist teacher, these sessions give participants an opportunity to connect, play and create with others. Through creative tasks and collaboratively working with others, our Junior class enables children to develop their skills and confidence with movement and performance. Our classes build participants’ body and spatial awareness, control and coordination, quality of movement, rhythm and timing as well as developing their creative ideas into choreography, all within a fun, supportive environment.
The class develops children’s skills including:
- Their imagination, inquisitiveness, persistence, discipline and collaborative skills
- Their ability to communicate ideas through and with the body
- Body Awareness; practicing control and coordination of the body to support physical confidence
- Quality of Movement; moving using a variety of dynamics, speeds, weight, musicality
- Spatial Awareness; moving using direction, levels, distance, size, and scale
- Moving in relation to others; alone and with others and in a group
- Performance; refining and presenting work to others
- Choreography; selecting, refining and structuring movement to communicate an idea or intention
- Appreciation; observing and analysing movement and intention, thinking critically and sharing opinions
- Soft skills including; observation, speaking and listening, critical thinking, teamwork, responding, leadership and non-verbal communication.
New to Creative Contemporary?
If you haven’t been to a Creative Contemporary class before, one of our team will be in touch to arrange an introductory call before your first class.
18 Sep – 11 Dec
10.30 – 11.30am
£9/£6.75, Pre-booked Drop In
£54/£40.50, 6-week Half Course Ticket*
* Only the first half of term (18 Sep – 23 Oct) is currently on sale.
Attending Class at SDS
Before attending class at Siobhan Davies Studios, we ask participants to read our COVID-19 page and familiarise themselves with the precautions we’ve put in place to ensure the safety of staff and all our users.
It is important to note that:
- We are open for pre-booked users only. We cannot currently accommodate walk-ups.
- We recommend that users wear masks in the corridors and common areas of the studios.
- We will continue to maintain a studio users tracking system. Your name and contact details will be kept for 21 days.
- Class numbers are currently limited. This class will be limited to 12 participants.
Do not attend class if you are experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus. Check your symptoms with NHS 111 Online.
Cheryl is a freelance dance artist who believes passionately that dance can offer huge benefits to people of all ages and abilities. She has taught and choreographed for over 20 years with a variety organisations such as Sadler’s Wells, East London Dance, Southbank, Barbican, Artis Education, Rambert, Indep-dance, Trinity Laban and London councils.
This has involved supporting creative dance activities in primary and secondary schools, CPD programmes, and by creating performance work for theatres, venues, projects and festivals in the UK, Europe and Ethiopia has worked with hundreds of people to achieve positive dance experiences.