with Cheryl McChesney.
Programmed by Siobhan Davies Studios.
16 Jan – 27 Mar 2021
10.30 – 11.15am
£6/£4.50, Drop In
£30/£22.50, 5-week Course Ticket
Join us for an energetic and joyful introduction to choreography online.
Led by our specialist teacher, these online sessions give participants an opportunity to connect, play and create with others. Through creative tasks and collaboratively working with others, our Junior class enables children to develop their skills and confidence with movement and performance. Our classes build participants’ body and spatial awareness, control and coordination, quality of movement, rhythm and timing as well as developing their creative ideas into choreography, all within a fun, supportive environment.
The class develops children’s skills including:
- Their imagination, inquisitiveness, persistence, discipline and collaborative skills
- Their ability to communicate ideas through and with the body
- Body Awareness; practicing control and coordination of the body to support physical confidence
- Quality of Movement; moving using a variety of dynamics, speeds, weight, musicality
- Spatial Awareness; moving using direction, levels, distance, size, and scale
- Moving in relation to others; alone and with others and in a group
- Performance; refining and presenting work to others
- Choreography; selecting, refining and structuring movement to communicate an idea or intention
- Appreciation; observing and analysing movement and intention, thinking critically and sharing opinions
- Soft skills including; observation, speaking and listening, critical thinking, teamwork, responding, leadership and non-verbal communication
An adult must be nearby whilst participants take this class.
This class is streamed from Siobhan Davies Studios and via Zoom. In advance of the class we advise that participants install Zoom. If you need support installing and introducing yourself to this software then please get in touch, we’ll be happy to help. Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
New to Creative Contemporary?
If you haven’t been to a Creative Contemporary class before, one of our team will be in touch to arrange an introductory call before your first class. It is important to us that all participants feel welcomed, can access the class and feel safe online.
Cheryl is a freelance dance artist who believes passionately that dance can offer huge benefits to people of all ages and abilities. She has taught and choreographed for over 20 years with a variety organisations such as Sadler’s Wells, East London Dance, Southbank, Barbican, Artis Education, Rambert, Indep-dance, Trinity Laban and London councils.
This has involved supporting creative dance activities in primary and secondary schools, CPD programmes, and by creating performance work for theatres, venues, projects and festivals in the UK, Europe and Ethiopia has worked with hundreds of people to achieve positive dance experiences.