with Laura Guarnera
Inspiral Pilates Flow Course is for those who would like to unwind and find more freedom, strength, confidence, fluidity and happiness in their body and mind.
It is a movement-based Pilates-inspired practice promoting a healthy spine and joints, muscular strength and body-mind awareness.
The sessions are greatly influenced by Laura’s 30 years background as a professional contemporary dancer and choreographer; a career informed by a lifetime of movement and somatic exploration, and a love of movement and self expression.
Inspiral Pilates Flow draws from various fields of practice, such as Yoga, Gyrokinesis, Feldenkrais and Dance. Laura’s approach to Pilates is based on the concept of finding strength based on softness of the core, flow, rhythm and integration between the body and space we move in.
Laura will encourage students to listen and trust the body knowledge without holding back. You’ll be guided to make friends with your vehicle and container. Classes are filled with rich imagery, visualisation and evocative questions that will draw students into their physicality, providing a space to reflect on life and to also smile at it on and off the mat.
All are welcome.
Pilates can help you:
- Improve your posture, health and overall fitness
- Reach specific physical goals and challenge your athletic ability
- Rehabilitate after injury, surgery or illness
- Return your body to movement
- Expand your body awareness
- Develop trust in your body’s abilities
- Look better, feel better, live better
- Live a happier, more-fulfilling life
For more info please contact email@example.com.
8 Jan – 25 Mar*
7 – 8pm
*No classes on 12 Feb
£17, Pre-booked Drop In
£176, Course Ticket (11 weeks)
£297, Two Ways Practice Membership (11 studio + 11 live online classes)
“Movement, breath, space are a key features of my classes, students of all levels are welcome to join. Because the embodiment is the key, not the shape, the unicity of your body is fundamental. I believe that the body is infinitely expressive and open to change. I encourage everyone to explore the unity of their mind and body, to become aware of habits so that areas of tension can be gently release.”Laura
Laura’s work is informed by a lifetime of exploration in movement and somatic, she is a versatile and knowledgeable teacher with over 30 years of experience in performing and teaching internationally. Her strength strikes from her diverse background and her passion for somatic body work. Laura’s greatest aim is to inspire and to promote freedom in the practice, facilitating awareness freedom, strength, confidence, fluidity and flow, in body and mind. Her particular passion for human movement means continual investigation of new anatomical approaches, working with curiosity and investigation, integration, using natural movement, ranges of motion, integrated stability and letting go of unnecessary old patterns in order to move with the body and not against it.
Using her extensive background and her choreographic skills Laura has developed her movement method “ Inspiral Flow Pilates & Yoga “ inspired by the body’s innate spiral movements and my love for movement freedom and functionality in the bodies.
Laura has taught and helped hundreds of people all over the world to move better and relieve their aches. Laura’s focus is to guide students towards having the confidence and understanding to develop a self-practice and to personally experience the transformative power of movement & breath-work in relation to space & flow.
- Professional Diploma in Movement & dance, Laban Center, London, UK
- Diploma in Hathaway Yoga & Meditation, Saraswati Academy, Udaipur, India
- Diploma Pilates Foundation accredited Matwork teacher, The Place, London, UK
- Diploma Garuda mat & apparatus teacher, the Garuda Academy, London ,Uk
- Trained with the founder of Garuda James D’Silva
Access and Amenities at SDS
Siobhan Davies Studios is mostly accessible to wheelchair users, with lifts to all floors. There are two accessible parking spaces available on site which can be booked in advance. Blue Badge parking is also available nearby on West Square and Garden Row (for a full map visit the Southwark Council website). Our main door is not power assisted.
- Changing facilities*
- Communal showers*
- Toilets / wheelchair accessible toilets
- Kitchen: tea and coffee making, fridge, and microwave (not fully accessible)
* Our changing facilities and showers are not fully accessible. Our closest publicly available and fully accessible changing facility is at The Castle Centre, a leisure centre 0.3 miles away from the studios. You can find full details of their features here.